Facebook has seen a decline in its organic growth in the past few years. However, it is still a popular social media forum for businesses.
- There are over 2.38 billion active users on Facebook and 74% of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes – Hubspot
- 90 million small businesses use Facebook – Hootsuite
- An estimated 87.1% of US marketers will use Facebook for marketing in 2020 – eMarketer
- 65% of B2B marketers use Facebook ads – Social Media Examiner
- Business decision-makers spend 74% more time on Facebook as compared to other people – Facebook
Facebook offers B2B marketers many opportunities to effectively engage their target audiences.
The Facebook audience is highly engaged, and likely to share, comment, or like a post, which increases your reach.
To reach that B2B audience, we have five tips to help boost your marketing strategy:
1. Your Facebook Business Page
Your Facebook Business Page is an essential asset. It can be used to pique prospects’ (and customers’) interest by telling them about your brand, products and services. Your goal with your business page is to introduce prospects to your brand and your solutions. This is the place to share your business personality, which is one of the most important aspects of inviting people to choose your solutions.
Facebook’s algorithm prioritizes posts that spark conversations and meaningful interactions among people. So, for your brand voice to reach a wider audience:
- Create compelling and engaging content that includes visuals like videos, Memes, photos and GIFs.
- Create public events as they are searchable and Facebook will recommend them to users in that geographic location.
- Extend your events or posts by tagging co-hosts and inviting guests.
- Include polls or surveys with a clear call to action to like, comment, or share your posts. Because, if your original audience engages with your content, their activity will be visible to their Facebook circle(s), hence improving reach.
2. Find Potential Leads with Facebook Communities and Groups
Facebook Communities and Groups are a great way to source B2B contacts. The B2B audience is pressed for time and seeks valuable content. Facebook Communities and Groups on specific topics (or content) can inspire them and you get a highly segmented and interested audience.
Here is how you can use Facebook Groups for B2B Demand Generation:
- Use Facebook Groups as a channel to promote content, events, webinars, or demos, etc. around your products.
- Create a group name and description aligned with keywords specific to your industry or products.
- Use scheduling tools to ensure that the community is active and always has interesting content for your audience to snack on.
- Join related groups and communities to add value, promote your content, and learn more about your target audiences’ preferences. Cross-promotion is a great way to capture the interest of common audiences.
- Use such groups to populate your email lists for your upcoming campaigns.
- Invest in building professional and personal relationships with your Facebook Community.
3. Target new users using Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads for B2B marketing are an effective way to target opportunities. You can use them to create campaigns that build awareness, boost traffic, generate leads, or drive conversions.
With Facebook Ads, you can:
- Target your audience based on demographics, job titles, behaviors, preferences, etc.
- Populate lead ads using information from a prospect’s Facebook page.
- Collect prospect information to feed your email lists and provide warm leads to your sales team.
- Promote local businesses through targeting.
- Control the budget, scheduling, target audience, and ad creation.
4. Engage With Facebook Messenger
Facebook Messenger and chatbots can help you reach your audience fast and effectively with replies that either answer common questions or give you space to reply to more complex questions in a timely manner. This is an important way to reinforce your brand voice and deliver on customer service.
To activate and make the most of messenger, launch the service:
- It is available in-app and in-browser and the conversation history is linked to the Facebook account, making it seamless to chat with your client whether they are in office or commuting.
- Using bots you can nurture your leads through automated chat sequences making messenger an effective channel for push advertising.
- You can turn professional relationships to personal by directly connecting with your customers and addressing their queries and concerns in personal conversations.
5. Measure, Retarget and Remarket using Facebook Pixel
A successful Facebook B2B marketing strategy includes measuring your campaign performance, tracking conversions – from the submission form to the sales page – and tweaking your marketing actions to retarget and remarket.
Facebook Pixel can track customer action and optimize conversions. Here is what Pixel can do for your Facebook B2B marketing:
- Add it to your website to track conversions
- Measure cross-device conversions
- Optimize ad delivery to prospects who are likely to take action
- Create custom audiences for your website visitors
- Remarket to make your target ads appear on different sites to entice customers to come back
Facebook offers effective tools to reach out to your target audience and more importantly, scale-up for an impactful outreach.
If you do plan to use Facebook for your B2B marketing, following the above tips can help you create an impactful Facebook B2B marketing strategy.